How to Stream from VLC to Chromecast
We guess you are all aware of VLC Media Player which allows you to play the media files on your PC and Android mobile. Basically, everybody knows that the VLC Media Player doesn’t support the Chromecast currently. The users might have been searching to stream the VLC to Chromecast on PC or Mobile. Don’t worry. In this article, we are going to tell you how to stream VLC Media Player to Chromecast. Here, we deal with the both Android and PC for streaming the VLC to Chromecast.
Since a long time, the developers of VLC Media Player has been working on Chromecast support. Finally, they had released the latest version of VLC Media Player which supports the Chromecast. It will allow you to stream the video and audio files from the VLC player on your PC or Mobiel to your Chromecast. This Chromecast feature is only available for the latest version of VLC i.e. VLC 2.2.4. As of now, it is only compatible with the Windows operating system. It doesn’t work for the platforms like MAC, LINUX etc and you will need a Windows PC.
How to stream from VLC Player to Chromecast on Windows PC:
Here, we are going tell you how to stream from VLC player to Chromecast on your Windows PC. To proceed further, you need to download the latest version of VLC Media Player. Depending on the operating system you are using you need to download it for 64-bit or 32-bit. you can clearly read how to download VLC for windows 8 here. After downloading the “.Exe” file, you need to install it on your Windows PC. Follow the below steps to steam the VLC to Chromecast from your Windows PC. Now, the streaming a file from VLC Media Player to your Chromecast made simple with the following procedure. First, connect your Chromecast to the USB port on your TV and you will need to power ON your TV.
- Initially, open the VLC player, click on the Video tab and click on Render option.
- There you will find the scan option, click on it.
- It will scan the nearby devices, now click on Video, Render and choose the “Chromecast”.
- Now, open any media file and click on the “Play” button. Just drag and drop the file to open the file on your VLC player.
- Then you will be prompted with the “Insecure Site” popup.
- Click on View Certificate to view your Chromecast’s security certificate.
- Click on Accept Permanently to accept the Chromecast Certificate.
- Once you accept it, the media file should begin playing on your Chromecast.
How to Stream from VLC Media Player to Chromecast on Android Mobile:
In this method, we are going to tell you how to stream from VLC player to Chromecast on your Android device. In order to stream the files from VLC to Chromecast on your android mobile, you need to download the Chromecast app first. You need to download the latest version of Chromecast that supports the streaming on VLC. Follow the below procedure to stream the media files from VLC to Chromecast on your mobile.
- First, download the Chromecast application and install it on your Android device.
- After installing it, pair your Chromecast to the device.
- Now, open the VLC Media Player and start the file you want to stream.
- Next, open the Chromecast application.
- Navigate to the Menu option and choose Cast Screen/audio.
- Now, you need to follow the On-Screen instructions to cast your android device’s screen to your Chromecast.
- Go back to the VLC Media Player and fullscreen the video that you are playing.
- That’s it. Now, you can stream from the VLC to Chromecast.