VLC media player for windows 10: The VLC media player was launched on 1st of February 2001 by its developers VideoLAN and has been the primary application for playing media files since then. Programmed with C, C++, and objective-C, it was initially launched for windows, Linux and Mac OS however with time it was made available for Android and IOS platforms too. This open source, the cross-platform multimedia player plays most files and helps in major streaming protocols. This is one of the robust multi-format media players currently available in the market.
Features Of Vlc Media Player For Windows 10:
VLC media player provides the latest and updated version of the application for windows 10. It is safe and free to download, works fine on both 32bit and 64-bit windows 10-enabled PCs. This free, open-source and cross-platform player supports all multimedia files from video to music. The media player plays most of the files that include audio or video. This was launched as a revolution without any crash issues or apparent error messages. The formats in audio and video files that are supported by VLC are given below.
Video formats of Vlc Media player For Windows 10
Sorenson 1/3, DV, MPEG-4 ASP, XviD, 3ivX D4, H.261, H.263 / H.263i, H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, Cinepak, Theora, Dirac / VC-2, MJPEG (A/B), DivX (1/2/3/4/5/6), WMV 1/2, WMV 3 / WMV-9 / VC-1, MPEG-1/2, DV, On2 VP3/VP5/VP6, Indeo Video v3 (IV32), Real Video (1/2/3/4).
Audio Formats Of Vlc Media Player:
MPEG Layer 1/2, Speex, AAC – MPEG-4 part3, Vorbis, Real Audio, Alaw/µlaw, AMR (3GPP) AC3 – A/52, E-AC-3, MLP / TrueHD>3, DTS, WMA 1/2, WMA 3, FLAC, ALAC, MP3 – MPEG Layer 3, QDM2/QDMC, ATRAC 3, Wavpack, Mod, TrueAudio, APE, MIDI, LPCM, ADPCM, QCELP, DV Audio, Musepack / MPC.
Other formats include DVD, Vorbis comment, Universal Subtitle Format (USF), SAMI, VPlayer), Closed captions, Vobsub, SubViewer, SSA1-5, SVCD / CVD, DVB, OGM, CMML, Kate. ID3 tags, APEv2 Text files (MicroDVD, SubRip.Although everyone using VLC on windows 10 is aware of the basic functions like playing movies and music but most of the users are unaware that it has some advanced features too. These include video and audio filters and subtitle synchronization.The UI of VLC Media player is all about functionality. The looks are basic and the options are simple to use. Given that, the efficiency is appreciable for a free media player. You can find classic media options like play, pause, skip and stop. All you need to do is drag the file and drop it on the playlist. A massive variety of skins and other customization options are available to use.
Choice of options For Vlc Media Player:
The simple interface has nothing to do with its efficiency. VLC Media Player is much better as a default media player. The player options provided are a good number. The synchronization settings include graphic equalizer with multiple layouts and effects related to the file. One can also find a customizable range of settings for compression. If you hold an SRT file, you can also add subtitles to the video.
How to install Vlc Media Player For Windows 10:
You can avail three kinds of packages to download from VLC’s official website.
- An Exe Installer Package: A direct .exe file will be provided. You can download this file, open it to move further with the installation process
- A 7zip Package: A .7z file requires the file compressor to extract the relevant content of the file
- A Zip Package: A Zip package contains multiple files including the WinRar ones and the 7 Zip
The file you have downloaded will seem to have names such as vlc-2.1.0-win32.exe, vlc-2.1.0-win32.7z and, vlc-2.1.0-win32.zip for the Exe, 7Zip and Zip packages respectively. The version number (2.1.0) might seem unique.
Further, you can follow the below steps:
- Post download, click on the downloaded file – the .exe one
- If you find a security warning, click on Run
- If in case, you find the installation requiring other relevant permissions, make sure to click on yes
- Then, select a preferred language and select OK
- The installation process will be initiated.
- Click next then review the license agreement before you click on next
- Choose the components you would like to install from player option to delete preferences, you will be asked to select anything you would require.
- Select a location according to your preference, then click install.
- Once the installation is complete, you can move ahead with the finish option. Make sure to click on Run VLC media player 2.1.0
- The installation is now successful. The player will start running.
Some of the new features include the video output core and modules that are enabled to be rewritten by the user by permitting the blend in GPU. The shader support for conversion is enhanced. This comes along with the dynamic range compressor and karaoke filters. Not to stop here, there are a lot of additional features that need to be considered are added in VLC.
Furthermore, people using VLC media player on windows 10 need to be aware that using VLC media player it is possible to convert media files, recording of desktop, streaming of YouTube videos and even ASCII playback. It is just about investing time in the application and the more you do the more it surprises you!
On the whole, VLC is the most versatile media player in the market. For over years, the features have gotten even better and the constant development in the app, by the team is truly appreciable. Clearly, the media player dominates the market since its release.